Out of stock
Not Quite Perfect:
A copy of the Japan travel guide book that’s not quite perfect. The books have flaws – each is different, but they were damaged during delivery and may have a cracked spine, damaged cover and/or bent/creased pages. Each is different, but they’re all perfectly readable; the flaws don’t affect your ability to read the book.
About the Book
“Your Guide to Japan” is a Japan travel guide book to help you plan your trip. The book has 300 pages of useful content:
- – Practical advice – on how to get around, types of food, what to expect and how to survive in Japan.
- – Trip planner – right from the start, there’s help with booking your flights, where to stay and checklists so you don’t forget anything.
- – Ideas for things to do & hidden spots – build your perfect trip with things that interest you, as well as how to book popular attractions like Studio Ghibli tickets.
- – Travel journal – for recording your memories and all the little things you might otherwise forget.
- – Backed up by videos – watch videos of places featured in the book on YouTube, where you can always contact me in the comments.
The book’s focused on Tokyo, with a section of highlights from other areas around Japan.
Based on thousands of questions from viewers
Cakes with Faces’ Japan travel videos on YouTube have over 4 million views. Every day there are questions from viewers about planning their trips to Japan, in messages and in the comments. The information in the book’s based on all the things you want to know, plus 10 years’ experience of travelling to Japan.
Funded on Kickstarter in 24 hours
The printing was funded by over 500 backers on Kickstarter and 150+ pre-orders, in spring 2020. The project was 100% funded in just under 24 hours. Thank you to everyone who pledged and helped make this happen! The book was updated in September 2023, so includes current information about the JR Pass, etc.
“Anyone planning a trip to Japan NEEDS THIS BOOK. I wish I had, had this my first trip. It would of put all my fears to rest. It’s packed with so much truly useful information and covers loads of different interests so there is something for everyone.”
“Anyone who’s on the fence about this book – I’d recommend it 100%. It’s got everything you need and more. Take the plunge!”
“We’ve seen countless Japan guidebooks over the last 15 years but yours is the best by far. I help people prepare for their trips but all of the little extra advice I’d give people is already in your book!”
“An absolute must have! … This book is incredibly easy to understand, has loads of high quality pictures on every page and given me so much more to consider on my next trip. Throw away those other boring guide books, as this by far has been the best one I’ve read so far!”
“It’s honestly the best travel guide for Japan that I’ve ever seen. If you’re ever thinking of going, get this book first.”
“There is no way you’d need anything else to help you plan. Even though I’ve been before on self planned trips there is so much information I didn’t know in here! And it’s so handy having all that info in one place! I wish I’d had this for my first trip I really do! If you are planning your first trip or been before and want to go again I would highly recommend ‘Your Guide to Japan'”
Due to the weight of the book, shipping varies slightly from the standard rates for international shipping:
- – UK: £3 by Royal Mail Second Class.
- – Europe: £5 by International Standard Airmail (around 5 working days).
- – Worldwide: £9 by International Standard Airmail (around 10-14 working days).
We’re switching to recyclable packaging. It costs us more, but it’s important for the environment. Everyone should do what they can. For some orders you might still receive a plastic mailing bag while we’re switching (it’d be more of a waste not to use them up).
Do you have a question about this product? Let us know and we’ll try to help: